Friday, September 4, 2009

To David Brooks: or Maybe Paul Krugman's Just Off Today

I've come to a decision regarding certain transfixing aliennesses in the NYT net edition.
I'd heard a complaint that resonated but what David Brooks spirited away.
Was the hardened look and faithfully heralded by and buy for a class still not cut above.
The clue that gave me its full sham-hood how shamed I was my twisted head down.
How worked up I got! How awful the lot of all of us trodden by trowels of journalism.
Though no journalists I know is at fault.

Kept quiet now, in awful doubt, as slowly I rebuild to stand and damn that pushing me down.
I only hope to out-tiller those plows ploughing the thick blankeys and demons around.
Except I'm hopeful that now honestly surrounded by those who predictably think they see.
Awful sure I feel to be building such fields as this moist burial will one day allow.
To carve not misguided truth from my filthy and uninformed tumultuous day.

Plus, the powers will never take love or honesty's toil, and to all of you out there we cling.
We foibled and flowered, bent pleasures we're after, laid scared at the battles last hour.
Where together once towered, I ask only behalf of my fellows all counted,
please bend such course and see fit our best to surround ourselves with the graces.

Yet the pace of a bending long course is what David Brooks offers.
If you've read no history to see the meaning of this statement,
well man that's just what they're after.

Cause you'll buy what they carve with gotten smart appeals, much to rhetoric's disaster.
I hope you buy local, what the free man gives out and say out loud what you're after.
Our goal is survival and information's the medium where our toil is laid bare for the master.

You give me a country sick only of info that stabbs memory tooth aches your brain.
I'll give you a healthee who thinks not of wealthy and keeps mind of the lies so bizarre.
Why would you say: "We’re not going to revolutionize 18 percent of the American economy overnight" when you know that that's what we all see? Then they rile me up at the end with:Paul Krugman is off today.

No comments: